2 teens stabbed outside Van Nuys High School

Authorities received a call about a stabbing that took place outside Van Nuys High School around 4:19 p.m. on Dec. 7.

Potential+suspects+put+their+hands+above+their+heads+in+front+of+St.+Elisabeth+Church.+

ANTHONY SANCHEZ

Potential suspects put their hands above their heads in front of St. Elisabeth Church.

By Lindsay Han and Zachary Skolnick

Authorities received reports of a stabbing outside Van Nuys High School near Kittridge Street and Cedros Avenue around 4:19 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7.

One of the two teens who were stabbed was a 16-year-old who was reportedly stabbed in the upper torso area. No further information about the victims has been released.

Police have detained nine suspects who were seen running away from the crime scene.

Students who were on campus for after-school activities reported feeling unsafe and curious about the commotion.

Senior Paris Bravo, who was coming out of dance rehearsal, said she heard sirens blaring and saw “four or five cop cars.”

“It could be either turf wars or a love triangle,” Bravo said of the possible motives for the incident.

Sophomore Anthony Sanchez witnessed the arrests and said, “It’s crazy that this type of stuff happens at our school. It should be a place of learning, not violence.”

Those in the drama program were told they could wait in the auditorium until their parents could pick them up.

Principal DeSantiago issued a phone call at 6:30 p.m. to inform parents about the school’s safety.

This is an ongoing incident. Check our website for updates.