Ms. Park Brings the Perspective of a Former Student

THE MIRROR | KAYLA LEE

Ms. Michelle Park joins the VNHS faculty in 2018 as a science teacher.

By Jessica Eusebio and Chau Tran

After four years teaching biology at Manual Arts High School, Ms. Michelle Park has come back to the Wolfpack.  

A graduate of Van Nuys High School in 2010, she will now work alongside her former teachers as the new biology instructor, teaching Honors Biology, AP Biology and ICS, Integrated Coordinated Science in Room 203.  

Having a strong affinity for biology, Ms. Park decided to study bioresearch in college. Eventually, she grew disinterested in the subject, deciding instead to pursue a career in teaching biology.

Chemistry teacher Ms. Tracey Kim, also formerly a biology teacher, suggested that her former student give Van Nuys High School a try.

Now that she is a teacher at Van Nuys, Ms. Park brings the unique perspective of a former student.

“It feels like I am back in high school in a way,” said Ms. Park.

She looks forward to getting to know her students and interacting with some of her former teachers as a co-worker.

While she enjoys having the chance to teach different levels of biology, Ms. Park’s hope is that her students leave her classroom loving the field of science.

After eight years since her graduation from Van Nuys High, Ms. Michelle Park has returned to the Wolfpack. Having a strong affinity for biology, Ms. Park decided to study bioresearch in college. After losing interest in the subject, she decided to pursue a career in teaching biology at Manual Arts High School. However, chemistry teacher Ms. Tracey Kim, who formerly taught biology, suggested her graduate student to give Van Nuys High a try. Arriving at VNHS, Ms. Park will teach alongside her former teachers as a new instructor for Honors Biology, AP Biology and ICS, Integrated Coordinated Science in Room 203.  Ms. Park looks forward to getting to know her students and interacting with familiar faces.