Across the Universe

ENTERTAINMENT

Across the Universe

MOVIES: A 13-year old, a high school junior and a five year old traveling through space to stop disaster from striking their world.

Kaitlyn Jung| Entertainment Writer
March 6, 2018

It’s not your ordinary space adventure.

“A Wrinkle in Time” is a disney sci-fi film that will premiere in theaters on March 9.

Based on the classic novel written by Madeleine L’Engle, the story follows the journey of two siblings whose father has been missing for five years. Accompanied by Meg’s classmate, Calvin O’ Keefe, and three astral travelers, Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which, Meg Murry and Charles Wallace enter another paradigm using the field of physics and space travel to find their father, Dr. Alex Murry.

Directed by Ava DuVernay, “A Wrinkle in Time” stars Storm Reid as Meg Murry, Oprah Winfrey as Mrs. Which, Reese Witherspoon as Mrs. Whatsit, Mindy Kaling as Mrs. Who, Levi Miller as Calvin, Deric McCabe as Charles Wallace and Chris Pine as Alex Murry.

Filled with vibrant animation, the movie will display stunning cinematography and visual effects and give a whole other meaning to science fantasy.

Kaitlyn Jung is a writer for the entertainment section for The Mirror. This is her first year in the publication and is planning to stay until for 3 more years for the publication.

Kaitlyn Jung is currently on the swim and waterpolo team, but is also planning to try other sports during her 4 years in high school. She is in a 15 – week police program for cadets and offering many activities along with volunteer hours. Her articles usually consist of school plays and performances that are featured on the The Mirror website, but sometimes covers well-liked tv shows or movies.

FacebookInstagramTwitter