Brief: College Fest

Facebook

Instagram

COLLEGE CONNECTIONS

“Your Future Begins Here”

College Fest At LAVC

The College Grad Program in Los Angeles will be hosting a College Fest on Saturday, Oct. 7th at the Los Angeles Valley College to connect high school students in the LAUSD Northeast District with colleges and universities from across the country

“I would encourage all juniors and seniors and their parents to attend this event,” said College Counselor, Ms. Mary Charlton. “It’s an exciting event with many college representatives and admission officers and it’s a rare opportunity for students to gain some insight into their college futures.”

The theme is “Your Future Begins Here.” The visiting colleges and universities include the Universities of California (UCs), the California State Universities (CSUs), California Community Colleges (CCs), Private Colleges, and Out of State Colleges. The event will also host a variety of workshops to help prepare students for the application process including essay writing, financial aid, admission tips, and test preps. The event is open for all parents and students to join and will begin at 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.

Tommy Chan on October 4