Volleyball: Granada Playoffs

Facebook

Instagram

SPORTS BRIEFS

Granada Hills Leaves Van Nuys in the Dust

May 23, 2017

After the 3-0 defeat over South East High School on Thursday, May 4, the Boy’s Varsity Volleyball team was in high spirits when they went to take on the Granada Hills Highlanders in their second round of playoffs.

The entire match, although quick, was adrenaline-inducing. Both teams fought on and the points were constantly alternating between teams. However, in the end the Granada Hills Highlanders proved to be more focused, winning the match 3-0.

The first set went to 29-27, with both teams clearly trying their hardest to take the match. Granada pulled through in the end and won.

The second set was again very close, but Granada took the lead with 25-22. Van Nuys trailed on slightly behind but could not come up with the win.

In the third set, Head Coach Michael Del’Homme put a new lineup on the floor, expecting better and more efficient results. The team took a few points to warm up to the new array of players but unfortunately lost to Granada 25-21.

Granada Hills will move on to the next round of playoffs, leaving Van Nuys to wrap up their season. Although the Wolves did not win, the players are looking forward to fixing their mistakes and are excited to move into next year’s season and to honor the hard work of the nine seniors of the team.

The varsity team ended their season with an overall record 20-5.

Lauren Woolsey & Ariana Rodriguez on May 23, 2017