Starbucks: The coffee chain that stomps on other coffee shops

PERKING UP PRICES: Starbucks has been criticized for having overpriced products compared to other franchises in the nation.
Starbucks+prices+have+been+rising%2C+with+prices+going+up+by+6%25+in+2022%2C+discouraging+some+customers+from+purchasing+their+coffee.+
THE MIRROR | CRUZ DEHERRERA
Starbucks prices have been rising, with prices going up by 6% in 2022, discouraging some customers from purchasing their coffee.

The abridged version of this article appeared in the June 2023 print edition of The Mirror. This is an uncut version.

Coffee enthusiasts have no shortage of options on their way to school, from local coffee shops to popular chains like Dunkin’ Donuts and Philz Coffee. But one brand stands out among the rest: Starbucks.

With over 30,000 stores worldwide and more than $24 billion in sales, Starbucks is America’s most popular coffee chain, surpassing competitors such as Dunkin’ Donuts and Peet’s Coffee. 

Peet’s Coffee, on the other hand, typically features a bolder and darker flavor than Starbucks’ light and mellow taste. However, Starbucks offers more than just coffee. The chain provides a complete cafe experience with a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, including ample seating and ambient lighting. This environment is ideal for relaxation, socialization, or even work while enjoying a favorite beverage.

Moreover, Starbucks is renowned for its high-quality coffee beans and expert brewing techniques, ensuring a consistent taste that customers can trust. Although some argue that its coffee quality is not worth the high price, Starbucks makes up for it with quality customer service, a wide range of high-quality drinks and baked goods, and regular introductions of new products and limited-time offers.

In contrast, cheaper brands such as Dunkin’ Donuts offer coffee with a higher caffeine content, which is a significant factor for many coffee enthusiasts. Nevertheless, it is crucial to note that purchasing a Starbucks drink goes beyond just the coffee; it entails the complete experience that Starbucks offers.

Starbucks prices have been rising, with prices going up by 6% in 2022, discouraging some people from purchasing their coffee. Some customers of other brands argue that Starbucks’ coffee quality is not worth the inflated price. In fact, cheaper brands like Dunkin’ Donuts make their coffee with a higher caffeine dose than Starbucks.

But for many, paying for a Starbucks drink is worth it, considering the quality and consistency of its coffee and the full cafe experience. Despite its high prices, Starbucks provides a comprehensive cafe experience with high-quality coffee beans, expert brewing techniques, and consistent taste. Although some criticize its high prices, Starbucks compensates with quality customer service, a broad range of drinks and baked goods, and regular introductions of new products and limited-time offers.