Quick Take
Why I write about the things I do

Or, why I choose to write about the small stuff
PIXABAY
The topics I write about for Quick Take are the small stuff – writing, little-known facts, etc. Not anything big, like politics or society.

So far for Quick Take, I haven’t been very controversial in my writing. Unlike other Opinion writers, I haven’t yet ventured into the realms of politics and society, and how life and government and people should be and need to be if I and other people want to live happily ever after. 

It’s not like I don’t have opinions on those subjects. I do have some opinions, and I do pay attention to the news. But I don’t like talking about them. 

Most of those topics are already covered by the mainstream media. So much so, I think, that it paints a picture of negativity throughout our world. Why can’t the world be this way? This is horrid. This shouldn’t be happening. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I never liked paying too much attention to the news, either. Kind of ironic, isn’t it? Sure, there’s a time and place for it, but not when the takeaway message becomes so repetitive that it bores the heck out of me.

That’s what I’d like Quick Take to become. Not a place where you’d get your late breaking news and whatnot, but where you’d go for a small break from your day. A place not unlike where you’d go if you felt stressed or tired or just completely out of it. A  place that can offer you new content instead of the same old stuff, day in and day out. A place that can point out the interesting and little-known things about life as an alternative to the bigger parts of the picture. 

I don’t think that Quick Take should become a written form of TikTok elevated to the level of undisputed godliness. I’m not that egotistical either (I hope). But I still take pleasure in the things I write about and share, and if those things help people feel a little bit happier (or light-hearted, or curious), then I have done my duty.