Wolves see red after being shut out by Taft

FOOTBALL | The Wolves start their season off with a loss against Taft with a 35-0 on Aug 26, though there’s still hope for the team with their new players and coaches.

Highlights | August 26 | The Wolves vs. Taft | Home

• There were many great runs from Gideon Dela Torre 

• Although the team didn’t have their original quarterback, Uriel Ruiz was able to step up and make some incredible passes  

• They kept Taft at 15-0 for more than half of the game

What’s Next? | With this being the first home game of the season, the boys will be working hard on the field every practice and game. They will be going up against North Hollywood on Sept. 1 in the Huskies’ house. The next home game will be against Roybal on Friday, Sept. 9 at 7 pm.

The Word On Campus | “It’s not the outcome I was hoping for but I saw a lot of positive things from our players. We will grow and learn from it.” Coach Tony Reece said. “Everybody’s come together as a team and we’re working together and they’re working hard and I think it’s going to benefit the season in total.”

Our Thoughts | The boys have improved a lot since last season. With new coaches and new players on the team, they are building a strong foundation that we saw developing during the game. Hopefully, we will be able to see some wins this year from the football team, and we are looking forward to their next steps.