Giving gifts is my favorite part of the holidays

With the holidays coming soon, people are preparing to celebrate Christmas and are buying gifts for their loved ones. Whether it be giving or receiving, gifts are a big part of Christmas.
PIXABAY | PEXELS
The reaction of the receivers makes the whole process satisfying and joyful.

With the holidays coming soon, people are preparing to celebrate Christmas and are buying gifts for their loved ones. Whether it be giving or receiving, gifts are a big part of Christmas. However, I personally prefer giving gifts rather than receiving.

When giving gifts, I like seeing people’s reactions to the gift, especially when I put a lot of thought into it. Although I would technically be wasting money, it’s all worth it when I see the person’s reaction to the gift. 

Other than the person’s reaction, I enjoy knowing that I make my friends and family feel appreciated when I give them a gift. Small gifts like a card or just a simple piece of jewelry mean a lot to people. 

Giving gifts also provides me with more satisfaction than the times that I’ve received gifts. The feeling after receiving a gift is incomparable to the feeling of giving a gift.

Despite this, I can say a lot of thought goes into the gifts I get for my friends. Sometimes I remember the small object they mentioned to me months ago, or something they mentioned to me the day before.

I always try getting something my friend or family would enjoy rather than something that I want for them.

Gift shopping is also one of the reasons as to why I prefer giving gifts rather than receiving gifts. Shopping for gifts, especially for friends, has always been easy but fun for me. It’s much better than the simple task of receiving a gift. 

I like spending money, but I think it’s nice appreciating my friends. Also, whenever my friends imply that they were surprised I thought about them. I also don’t like whenever someone is looking at me to see my reaction to the gift that they gave me, I’d rather be the one giving.

Overall, giving gifts is better than receiving gifts unless you don’t have the money to do so, or the memorization to remember what your friend wants. 

This poll has ended.

What do you prefer during the holidays?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.