A glimpse into Kanye West’s strange and successful life

A rapper, fashion icon, and now political candidate.
Brandon Winters | Wikimedia Commons
Kanye West performing the song “New Slaves” at the second annual Odd Future Carnival on November 9, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.

Throughout the past decade, Kanye West’s career has grown into superstar status.

His albums and songs have garnered critical acclaim with multiple Grammy wins and nominations. 

Kanye performs at the MOMA in New York. (CREDIT: Jason Persse | Wikipedia Commons)

West’s music seems to evolve with every album, but he has tried to tackle big issues from the start.  His debut album, the College Dropout, combined hip hop and soul music with lyrics about racial issues and violence. In the 2016 album, The Life of Pablo, he wrote lyrics emphasizing  the value of family unity. 

Kanye West has also been a fashion icon for many years.  

He has managed to inspire many trends with his first clothing line ,Pastelle, and his current company Yeezy. The Yeezy “350 Boost” may be the most famous item from his company, but West continues to release new shoes and clothing.

YOUTUBE

Most recently, Kanye West  became involved in politics and he announced that he would be running for president in the 2020 presidential elections. 

Kanye failed to make a big impact in this election, but he has hinted on his Twitter account that he plans on running for the next elections with the tweet, “KANYE 2024”.