Prepare for an Enchantment

The ASB Program Will Host The Annual Homecoming Game and Dance

By Kasey Kim, Staff Writer

The Van Nuys High School Associated Student Body (ASB) program will be hosting the Homecoming Parade on Friday, Oct. 5 along with the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, Oct. 6.

“People should expect an experience of fun to make memories of their high school years with their friends—a warm, friendly environment inviting all,” said Angela Saha, ASB president.

The parade features various clubs as well as alumni graduates promenading around the football field from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Afterwards, the VNHS Varsity Football Team will go up against Panorama High School starting at 6:30 p.m. Presale game tickets cost $5 and go up to $7 at the door.

The dance will be held the following night in the quad from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

This year’s theme will be “Enchanted Forest,” inspired by the Disney-Pixar film, “Tangled.”

Presale ticket prices for the dance start at $16 for singles and $30 for couples, with the single prices increasing $2 each week, and couple prices rising $4 each week to a maximum of $22 and $42 respectively.

The Homecoming Court Election winners will be announced on Oct. 5 during lunch. Voting will take place on Sept. 20 and Sept. 21 in front of the lecture hall during lunch. Students will vote electronically on Chromebooks through Google Forms.

Nayeli Joaquin, Chelsea Saldana, Natalie Esquival, Lesly Martinez, and Aerein Gundayao are running for Queen. Andrew Watanabe and Nicholas Bowler are running for King. Mya Nguyen , Joy Wyckoff, Vivian Pham, Fernanda Garcia, and Anthony Oliviera are running for Princess. Samuel Talledo is running for Prince. Lesley Lutin and Joshua Kim are running for Duchess. Toby Ryu is running for Duke.  Rachel Hale and Stephanie Ramirez are running for Lady. Romar Noto is running for Lord.

About the Writer
Kasey Kim, Staff Writer
Kasey Kim is an Entertainment Staff Writer for The Mirror at Van Nuys High School. She is currently a sophomore in her first year publication in the journalism program. Outside of Journalism, she enjoys reading books during her free time and is currently involved in JROTC. She volunteers at Veterans Administration Sepulveda hospital and plans on majoring in Environmental Sciences in college.