Three cool things to do to beat the heat this weekend

Take a look at these fun activities you can do this weekend to cure your boredom.
Take a trip to the beach!
Take a trip to the beach!

Relax and cool off at Santa Monica beach this weekend! Join in on a free yoga class on Sunday September 8 at 10 a.m. Anyone can sign up for a session; for more information, check their website and sign up!

Spend some time at the rink
Spend some time at the rink

LA Valley Kings Ice Center has many “freestyle” times this weekend. Spend some time with friends at the rink to beat the heat. The rink times are six a.m. – 11:45 p.m. For more information make sure to check their website!

Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights

Start getting ready for Halloween by attending Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood! Opening day is tonight, Sept. fifth, but the event will run until Nov. third, 2024. There are many different pass options displayed on their website. Make sure to secure your tickets for a night of fright! Select your horror night tickets here!

View Story Comments
$1435
$5000

About the contributor
Skylie Molina
Skylie Molina, Staff
From catching a wave alongside a dolphin to studying for the next exam, my days are packed with a little bit of everything. I am a junior in my first year of journalism. Passionate about conservation and climate change, I am the founder and president of the VNHS Environmental Club. Involved in many other activities, I am a 3rd year varsity cheerleader, and found love for surfing. Outside of school, you can find me reading, spending time with friends or family, or doing math homework, and listening to some pop music.
$1435
$5000