Prom 2024: What’s in style

Discover the current trends in prom dress fashion to ensure you’re dressed to impress on your big night!
Dive+into+the+looks+shown+on+Tiktok+for+this+years+prom%21+
THE MIRROR | GRAPHIC BY VAL ARIAS
Dive into the looks shown on Tiktok for this year’s prom!

If you’re wondering what’s in style for prom, you’re definitely not the only one.With the fast-changing fashion market, the style is sure to change every few years. Videos on TikTok and Instagram have shown a repeating pattern of popular picks for this year’s prom.

Firstly, a new arising trend has been “Easter” and brunch style dresses. The flowy and floral pattern might resemble a dress that you wear to brunch, but the casual dress style has become popular amongst many prom-goers this year. Usually paired with a bow on the straps, this dress style is a perfect way to be comfortable and cute at the dance. 

@prompartyshop get in loser, we’re going Easter Prom dress shopping 🌷👗🐣 which one should we try on next?! #easter #easterdress #easterprom #easterpromdress #prom2024 #promdress #prom #promdresses #flowerdress #floraldress #dresstok #dressesonline #spring #florals #floraldresses Dress: @andrealeo_couture ♬ we cant be friends – greeedyari

Next on the list is the sparkly form-fit prom dress. Although sparkly dresses may seem “overdone” and “always in style” for prom, this has nonetheless been the most common form of dress that appears on social media. Coming in a variety of beautiful colors, the glitter form-fitting dress can be unique to each individual with extravagant details on the back. The sparkly look allows the wearer to shine under the lights at prom, and still look classy. 

@vanyafaithcheney Senior prom!! #prom #prom2024 #saturn #sherrihill ♬ Saturn X Slow Dancing In The Dark – reavesaudios

Then there is the corset dress. As corsets have become increasingly popular over the years, the incorporation of it into prom dresses was only a matter of time. If you want to look “snatched” in your dress, the corset dress is the perfect fit to wear. Usually matched with a silk-like material, this type of dress is perfect to reenact Victorian women and their corsets.

@vavavoomboutique Corsets of dreams 💭 #promdress #promdresses #corsetdress #prom2023 ♬ Notice Me – Guchi & Loud Behaviour

Lastly, although the word “style” may be debatable, the new trend of suits has been taking social media by storm. In these videos, men would wear styles with the pattern of their favorite superhero. For example, a “Batman” suit has recently gone viral, where the black suit paired with the bright yellow symbol has shocked many viewers. This trend has a variety of forms with other men wearing “Superman,” “Spiderman” and “Joker” suits. 

@kaiyatentinger HAPPY PROM #batman ♬ original sound – Colby

Even with the options presented above, there are tons of other ways to look fashionable and beautiful on the most important night of the year.