Two teens stabbed on the campus quad during nutrition

A fight broke out that led to a stabbing on campus, severely injuring a total of four students and necessitating a lockdown.
THE MIRROR | DAIMLER KOCH
Two students were stabbed in a fight that took place on the quad about halfway through nutrition. Students’ faces are blurred out on behalf of the administration’s requests.

At the start of third period on Wednesday, Nov. 1, the school was placed on a lockdown that lasted the rest of the school day. 

The lockdown was caused by an armed stabber on the loose. 

According to Principal Lourdes De Santiago, two students were stabbed and two were beaten during the fight.

The news was carried live on every major Los Angeles broadcast news outlet. According to TV station KTLA, the Los Angeles Police Department got a notice a few minutes before 11 a.m. that three students had possibly been stabbed. According to witnesses, this altercation began mid-nutrition and lasted through the beginning of third period.

Teachers were given instructions on Schoology on how to keep students safe. 

ABC7 reported that police had to block off Cedros Ave., which is adjacent to the school. Police and firefighters were present on campus with medics attending to the injured students. Police were able to detain three students for questioning after the incident. 

The event convinced many parents to keep their children at home the following day. In addition, the stabbing turned away many prospective parents and students from the Magnet Mixer on Nov. 2, causing unusually low attendance at the event.

View Comments (2)
$385
$20000

Olamide Olumide
Olamide Olumide, News/Features Editor
From writing stories at the back of my elementary school notebooks to my unhealthy obsession with law-themed shows, (especially Lucifer), I've always loved telling and reading stories. As a returning staff member to the Mirror publication, I intend to explore my interest in writing in a more in-depth way as well as reporting stories in a dynamic and interesting perspective. Besides writing and law, I'm an absolute sucker for the kpop industry.
$385
$20000

• L

LindsayNov 6, 2023 at 2:06 pm

Great article. Very informative!

Reply
  • D

David GonzalezNov 1, 2023 at 1:28 pm

It’s very unfortunate that we are having these issues in a school campus. Do we know if the attacker was a student or someone that did not belong in the school campus?

Reply