A night to remember: Annual Homecoming event approaching

The ASB program’s annual Homecoming event is being held on Saturday, Oct. 2, with tons of entertainment, snacks, and fun activities in store for students.
For+the+2019+homecoming%2C+the+flowers+and+the+lights+represented+the+Day+of+the+Dead+theme.+This+years+theme+will+++be+casino+night.+
THE MIRROR | IVAN DELGADO
For the 2019 homecoming, the flowers and the lights represented the Day of the Dead theme. This year’s theme will be casino night.

The Associated Student Body (ASB) will be hosting its annual Homecoming event on Saturday, Oct. 2 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on the quad, following the Homecoming game on Friday, Oct. 1 at 6:30 p.m. on the football field. 

Organizers will ensure the safety of students in relation to covid-19 by holding the event outside and requiring that all participants wear masks at all times. However, an open dance floor will still be provided. 

Full meals are not going to be served during the event, but plenty of snacks will be available for students to eat.

There will be a number of activities set to take place, including a photo booth, karaoke, various card and casino games, “Jenga”, ping pong and much more. A movie is going to be shown as well, along with more than seven performances by multiple people.

Ticket prices for the event are going to become more expensive each week, with them being most expensive at the door. ASB adviser Mr. Ferrin highly recommends that students get their tickets as soon as possible.

“We don’t want people to show up at the door,” Ferrin said. “For instance, in order to figure out the amount of snacks we need for people, we need to have a more accurate count earlier on.”