Top five holiday songs to get you into the Christmas spirit

Whether listening through the radio or music platforms like Spotify, music listeners are eager to find the best holiday songs. Here’s a playlist that will simplify your search during this merry season.
5: “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!”  By: Dean Martin
5: “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” By: Dean Martin

Full of holiday cheer, this hit written by Dean Martin brings a wintery feel despite no mention of Christmas. Perhaps this is how many Californians feel, as snow has rarely, if ever, greeted us during this time of year.

4: “Feliz Navidad”  By: José Feliciano
4: “Feliz Navidad” By: José Feliciano

Wishing the listeners a merry Christmas, this simple yet adored song never fails to bring a festive and joyful mood, no matter where you are. Half of the lyrics are sung in Spanish, but it is fairly simple to understand. When looking for a quick song to elicit the Christmas spirit, look no further than “Feliz Navidad.”

3: “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree”  By: Brenda Lee
3: “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree” By: Brenda Lee

This song deservedly hit the Billboard Top 100 in 1960, as both the singer and writer pulled off a jazzy yet dancy feel with this Christmastime classic. Brenda Lee brought this song to life with her powerful, memorable voice at just thirteen years old.

2: “Last Christmas”  By: WHAM!
2: “Last Christmas” By: WHAM!

This song features a blend of upbeat music with sorrowful lyrics, reflecting on a failed relationship that took place during Christmas. Its catchy chorus captures the bittersweet romantic feel of the season.

1: “All I Want for Christmas Is You”  By: Mariah Carey
1: “All I Want for Christmas Is You” By: Mariah Carey

Released in 1994, this classic hit written by Mariah Carey has dominated the charts for decades, becoming a well-known hit to play during the Christmas season. Platforms such as Instagram and Tik Tok have increased its popularity, even making a meme out of her music video.