Sports teams announce tryout dates

In preparation for brand new sports seasons, coaches are hosting tryouts for an assortment of athletics including girls and boys football, girls and boys tennis, girls softball, girls basketball, boys and girls soccer and for the first time ever, girls flag football. 
PIXABAY
Various sports teams are holding tryouts for students who are interested in joining.

Football | For those planning to join, it’s not too late. Wanting to expand the football team, Coach Kenneth Osorio is still looking for dedicated players. This sport is open to all genders and grade levels. Students interested in taking part in this sport can talk to Coach Osorio in room 507 for more information.

Flag Football | Flag football is a brand new sport at school and a team is in the process of being formed. Head Coach William Cox is looking for more girls to join, hoping to form both a junior varsity and varsity team. Tryouts will be held on Thursday, Aug. 24 on the softball field at 3:45 p.m.

Boys and Girls Tennis | Tennis tryouts will be held from Aug. 17 to 19, from 3:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the tennis courts. However, due to the excruciating heat, there is a high possibility of these dates being rescheduled. Students who have questions are encouraged to contact Head Coach Min Woo So in the P.E. office.  

Softball | Tryouts will be held Wednesday, Aug. 23, from 3:50 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the softball field. For more information about the softball team, students can visit Coach William Cox in the P.E. office. 

Girls Basketball | Girls basketball tryouts will be held from Aug. 28 to 30 in the small gym, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Students who have questions can contact Coach Sara Marroquin.

Boys Basketball | The schedule for boys basketball tryouts is still undetermined.

Boys and Girls Soccer | Soccer tryouts will be held from Aug. 17 to 18. On the first day, tryouts will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. On the following day, tryouts will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Individuals can contact Coach Jose Castro in room 607 if they have any questions.