SOCCER | Boys team starts their pre-season with a win and a loss

Monroe Vikings take down the Wolves with a final score of 2-1.
SAMANTHA RAMOS | THE MIRROR
In their second match, the Wolves dominated the Hawks with a final score of 5-1.

In their first preseason game on Nov. 15, The boys soccer team lost their home match against the Monroe Vikings with a score of 2-1. 

The Vikings appeared to have an advantage over the Wolves. They won more of their head-to-head duels between players and showed a stronger defense. The Vikings also continued to control the ball throughout the match, making smart plays of controlling the midfield through continuous passing and stealing. 

The first half ended with a score of 1-1 before the teams headed to half-time. However, the score doesn’t show the full story. In the first half, the Wolves struggled to gain possession of the ball and to stage any counter-attacks. 

In the end, it was the aggressive strategy of the players from Monroe that overwhelmed the Wolves and tipped the score to the Vikings. 

Although they lost their first game of the pre-season, the boys team was able to secure a victory against the North Valley Military Institute the very next day. The Wolves won with a score of 5-1.