Crispy contributions

Senior Board held a fundraiser with Dave’s Hot Chicken on Jan. 19 to raise money for senior events.

In an effort to raise money for future senior events, the Senior Class of 2024 held a fundraiser from 4 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 19, at Dave’s Hot Chicken in Sherman Oaks, CA. 

“Dave’s Hot Chicken has become fairly popular recently and with its appetizing menu, it seemed to be a great fit for a fundraiser,” Senior Board Secretary Lilit Aprahamian said on deciding on the location of the fundraiser. “Luckily for us, the staff were friendly and efficient despite their busy hours. After a few phone calls and paperwork confirmations, our fundraiser was approved swiftly.”

At the beginning of the fundraiser, the restaurant remained empty. As the evening began to progress, however, students started to show up and show out with their friends to dine and support the Senior Board. 

“We came to support the fundraiser, but also because we like the food,” senior Djaeda Hall said.

Expecting a small rush from a line of students waiting to order, the staff at Dave’s Hot Chicken provided a swift and easy service to customers. 

For every person that mentioned the phrase “Senior Board” at checkout, a portion of the proceeds would go to the senior class. Members of the Senior Board collaborated with one another to organize this and other events for the purpose of raising money for senior events such as prom. 

By 5 p.m., the dining area was lively with conversations and laughter from students and customers. By 5:30 p.m., the rush had died down and students departed home.

As the night carried on, some students appeared occasionally with their friends to order food and support the Senior Board fundraiser. 

“While browsing through apps like Instagram and BeReal, I noticed that quite a few students had gone straight to Dave’s right after school,” Senior Board Vice President Jovita Joseph said. “I really want to say it was successful in my eyes, but right now, it’s too soon to tell, but I really do hope we made some money.”