Three things to experience over this three-day weekend

From cultural experiences to musical performances, there are so many things to do to keep you busy over this extended weekend.
Asian American Expo
Asian American Expo

Celebrate Lunar New Year early at the annual Asian American Expo. Immerse yourself in various Lunar New Year traditions, arts and performances. Bring family and friends to learn about Asian cultures through dances and musical performances of all kinds to see and experience. The event lasts from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Pomona Fairplex. Tickets are $20 both at the door and online. Fairplex, 1101 W McKinley Ave, Los Angeles, 91768 Jan. 13 – 14

MJ The Musical
MJ The Musical

Highlighting the life of the pop star Michael Jackson, “MJ The Musical” explores the struggles and stardom of the pop star. The Tony Award-winning production is currently at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood for its 2024 national touring season. The show runs from Dec. 20- Jan. 28, offering varying matinee and evening performances. Tickets are available online starting at as low as $45. 6233 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 Dec. 20 – Jan. 28

This Light of Ours: Activist Photographers from The Civil Rights Movement

The Light of Ours: Activist Photographers from The Civil Rights Movement showcases nine pivotal photographers and over 150 pictures from the Civil Rights Movement at the Skirball Museum. The display highlights the multiple perspectives and influences of the movement as well as photographs, posters and other paraphernalia. The exhibition lasts until Feb. 25, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Tickets are available on the Skirball website, ranging from $13 to $18. 2701 N Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Oct. 21 – Feb. 25