Fun in the sun at Freshman Funday

Freshmen have fun and explore our school’s clubs at Freshman Funday.

On Tuesday, Nov. 7, the class of 2027 kicked off their school year with the annual and highly anticipated Freshman Funday. 

Many clubs were present providing activities for the freshmen who attended. Freshman were excused from their fifth and sixth period classes to have some fun on the softball field. 

There were snacks, music and activities like board games, Connect Four, soccer and Just Dance provided by ASB. 

Many clubs also contributed by providing activities. Some clubs that were present were the Filipino Club, which provided musical chairs, and the Key Club, which offered face paint. Other clubs, like JSA, Drama Club and Theater Club, were also present trying to recruit more members.

Towards the end of the event, there was also a performance by the school’s Dance Company.

Many freshmen couldn’t contain their excitement to be at the event, including Freshman Kale Magwaii.

“It was really fun and l liked how there was a variety of activities that we could participate in,” Magwaii said.

Other freshmen also saw the event as a chance to get to know their fellow peers and the clubs the school has to offer.

“I feel like it’s a great opportunity for ninth graders who don’t know each other to mingle with activities that are fun,” freshman Lyric Gray-Edwards said. “I am looking forward to asking lots of questions about the clubs that are set up.

According to ASB commissioner Arleen Estrada the event was extremely successful 

“Freshman Funday was a huge success, new connections and moments were made,” Estrada said,”It was definitely a memorable launch into a vibrant high school journey for our new freshman.”