BASEBALL | Wolves hammer the Mustangs for the win at home

The Wolves have easily won two games in a row, this time against Arleta on March 4.

The bottom line | The Wolves’ baseball team won at home on March 4 against Arleta Mustangs in their second home game of the season with a score of 15-5.

Highlights | 

• The first inning was all-in for the Arleta Mustangs. Four runs for the Mustangs and none for the Wolves.
  • After some tension from the Wolves end, they recovered during the second inning and got one run in, which was then followed by four more runs in the third inning.
  • The Wolves closed the game with ten more runs in the remaining innings leaving the scoreboard at 15-5. 

What’s next | The Wolves will be facing the Sotomayor Wolves on Wednesday at home for another non-league game. The team will face Fulton at home on Thursday for their last non-league game and will begin their league games on Monday, March 14.

Our thoughts | After having a strong season for the past two years, the Wolves have shown their loyalty and commitment to both the sport and the team as well. While there was some tension and miscommunication in the first inning, rotating the pitchers allowed the players to get their head back in the game. The Wolves were able to sweep the Arleta Mustangs, and there’s no doubt they’ll extend their winning streak when they face Sotomayor High on Wednesday.

For the books | H

• 2 wins in non-league games
  • 37 runs in the last two games
  • Division 1: Valley Mission