Three things to do this Memorial Day weekend

Enjoy fun movies, live concerts and water parks this three-day weekend.
ADOBE FIREFLY
From rom-coms to horror films, this event at the mall will have you wishing summer was already here.
Movies on the roof

From May until the end of July, the Westfield Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will be hosting movie watch parties on the roof of the mall every Friday and Saturday night. On Friday, watch the hit rom-com Crazy Rich Asians! The event costs $20 for adults and $15 for kids online. Doors open at 7:45 p.m., with the movie beginning at 8:30 p.m. 14006 Riverside Dr., Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 Fridays and Saturdays

From rom-coms to horror films, this event at the mall will have you wishing summer was already here. (THE MIRROR | COURTESY OF WESTFIELD MALL)
Just as the sun begins to show again, the newport dunes waterpark is opening up for everyone to enjoy!
Tunes At the Dunes

Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina is having its summer opening of the Inflatable Water Park at Tunes at the Dunes live entertainment this Memorial Day weekend, May 24–26, 2024. Fun for adults and children alike, the resort offers a floating trampoline, jungle gym, monkey bars, bouncers and slides. The favorite Inflatable Water Park will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. throughout the weekend and on Memorial Day. All watersports activities can be booked in person or online. 1131 Back Bay Dr., Newport Beach, CA 92660 May 24 – 26

Just as the sun begins to show again, the newport dunes waterpark is opening up for everyone to enjoy! (THE MIRROR | COURTESY OF NEWPORT DUNES )
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Disney Classic, the Hollywood Bowl is performing a two-night live concert version of the film, featuring the original Broadway cast.
See Disney’s The Lion King 30th Anniversary: A Live-to-Film Concert Event
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Disney Classic, the Hollywood Bowl is performing a two-night live concert version of the film, featuring the original Broadway cast. (THE MIRROR | COURTESY OF THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL)
View Story Comments
$1435
$20000

About the contributor
Max Sandoval
Max Sandoval, Staff
Max is a senior in the performing arts department at VNHS. They can often be found reading books or at packed concert venues. When they are not in class, Max is in the theatre helping bring the arts to life with tech. They are excited to write about the arts and their other passions. Later in the fall, Max will attend college to further their education in technical theatre.
$1435
$20000