Boys tennis wipes out the Reseda Regents

THE MIRROR | KIMBERLY PEREZ
Joel Nam faces off against an opponent.

The bottom line | On Senior Night Thursday, April 18, boys tennis faced the Reseda High School Regents and won 7-1.

Highlights

• Joel Nam got in a heated match, and all his teammates came together to support and cheer for him.
  • Originally, Chidubem Akpati was under the weather and his opponent didn’t arrive. However, he ended up facing off against another opponent, so he had to fight, change his tactics and find a way to win.

What’s Next | On Friday, April 26 the boys tennis will be participating in the second round of the Division I California Interscholastic Federation.

Team thoughts | I think we did good,” junior Chidubem Akpati said. “North Hollywood High School is always a tough opponent, but we were able to weather the storm and win as many matches as possible.”

Our thoughts | After ending the season with a score of 7-1 and winning 11 games, the Wolves should be delighted to have played so amazingly well. The team also skipped the first round of Division I California Interscholastic Federation since they were deemed extremely skilled and managed to move up to the second round immediately. With the second round of CIF coming on Friday, April 26, they need to practice and try their best to move up the ranks. With only two losses, they overcame their nerves and played their best. 

For the books

• 11 wins, 2 losses
  • Valley Mission League