Three things to do to keep busy this rainy weekend

From classic California beaches to ancient Japanese traditions, travel around the world this weekend from the comfort of your own backyard.
Hosted monthly at beaches across Los Angles, Heal-The-Bay does its part to keep SoCal beaches clean.
“Nuthin But Sand” Beach Cleanup at Zuma Beach

When Heal the Bay, a nonprofit environmental organization in Santa Monica, is done with Zuma Beach, there’ll be “nothing but sand” along the beach. Help heal California’s coastal ecosystems by volunteering your time at Heal the Bay’s monthly beach cleanup! This event not only helps the planet but is a great source of volunteer work for a resume, service hours requirement or just a way to give back to your community and make it a cleaner place for others to enjoy! Volunteers under eighteen must sign a waiver, and families or groups can register together. The event will take place on Jan. 20 from 10 a.m. to noon. 3000 Zuma Access Road, Malibu, CA 90265, at TOWER 2 Jan. 20

Hosted monthly at beaches across Los Angles, Heal-The-Bay does its part to keep SoCal beaches clean. (HEAL-THE-BAY)
Featuring a collection of unique tea and Asian delicacies, this unique event has become extremely popular throughout the years it has been offered.
Learn about Japanese Culture at the ‘Sip and Savor’ Workshop at Japan House

Immerse yourself in Japanese tea culture at the “Sip and Savor” Workshop at Japan House. Participants will expand their knowledge of brewing techniques, tea types and regionality and how to incorporate tea into daily life. The workshop will allow participants to taste and experience both formal and casual tea culture, and participants will have the chance to make their own tea with the knowledge they have gained. There is a $75 fee to attend, and the event will take place on Jan. 21 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 Jan. 21

Featuring a collection of unique tea and Asian delicacies, this unique event has become extremely popular throughout the years it has been offered. (JAPAN HOUSE LOS ANGELES)
This classic Los Angeles event has been around for decades, and while the people change, the cars never do.
Go to the weekly Classic Car Show at Bob’s Big Boy in Burbank

Grab a burger and check out the Classic Car Show at Bob’s Big Boy located in Burbank. Perfect for the car enthusiast or lover of all things retro, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. every Friday. The parking lot will be filled with cars from all decades, bringing back the nostalgic 1950s Americana aesthetic straight out of movies like American Graffiti or a Lana Del Rey album cover. Celebrity car enthusiasts like Jay Leno and iconic car owners like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys have been known to show up and sport their collections, so you never know who you might see! 4211 W Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91505 Every Friday

This classic Los Angeles event has been around for decades, and while the people change, the cars never do. (MOTORTREND)