Boys basketball launches into the regular season strong with a thrilling one point win

The boys basketball team faced off against the Canoga Park Hunters in an away game on Monday, Dec. 4, and won 43-42 in a nail-biting ending.
THE MIRROR | SAMANTHA RAMOS
Senior Jonathan Pritchett (#11) was successfully able to box-out his defender to get more offensive rebounds, which gave the Wolves multiple opportunities to score.

Highlights | 

• To start off the game, forward Earl Gervacio (#30) had a hot start scoring the Wolves’ first six points, as well as gaining multiple charges against the other team.
  • Guard Jonco Holgado (#2) set up multiple plays for the Wolves, resulting in getting him multiple assists and even some mid-range jumpers.
  • Forward O’shan Wiiliams (#25) led the team in rebounds, preventing the other team from getting more opportunities to score. Center Jonathan Pritchett (#11) stopped the Hunters from getting a few boards as well.
  • Guards Khalil Marcopulos (#5) and Jeremy Rivas (#1) successfully blocked the Hunters’ main scorer from being able to score for most of the game, hugely contributing to the Wolves’ win.
  • In the final seconds of the game, Khalil Marcopulos was able to get a putback from the Wolves missed shot, giving them a two point lead. After missing one free throw, the Hunters were unable to regain the lead, ultimately leading to another win for the Wolves.

What’s Next | After an amazing win to start off their regular season, the Wolves plan to continue their two game winning streak, going against the San Fernando Tigers on Wednesday, Dec. 6, in an away game.

Team thoughts | “I think we had a fierce and close game against Canoga Park,” guard Jeremy Rivas said. “In each quarter they were always leading by a scarce amount of points, which forced us to step up our game and play good defense in the last quarter. Overall, our team had a great game and I hope we continue playing the way we are right now.”

Our Thoughts | The boys basketball team played a sweeping game against the Hunters, coming in with a strong defense and plenty of good offensive plays. Hopefully, the Wolves will continue their dominant streak against San Fernando High School.

For the books | 

•  1 win, 0 losses
  • Valley Mission League