Three things to do this three-day weekend

From shopping for old clothes to watching new movies, there’s no shortage of things to do this weekend around LA for Veterans’ Day weekend.

Watch “The Marvels” 

The MCU’s newest installment follows Captain Marvel (also known as Carol Danvers) after she has taken back her identity from the Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence from the first film. Unfortunately, some consequences head her way, not the least of which is that the universe becomes destabilized due to a civil war. As she tries to fix it, Captain Marvel’s powers become entangled with two other superheroes. Boasting mixed reviews, this PG-13 movie is showing at theaters all across the valley this whole weekend. See it at the North Hollywood Cinemark for fourteen dollars.

Attend the Rose Bowl Flea Market

The sheer size and scale of this flea market means that it encompasses multitudes of new and old, hand-crafted and salvaged, cheap and costly items. On the second Sunday of each month, a mix of vendors populates the stadium: for every eye-catching artwork, there’s a ratty $5 T-shirt and for each elegant craft, there’s a competing “as seen on TV” demo. But you may have more luck in the rows and rows of old furniture, albums and vintage clothes and accessories that fill the adjacent parking lot. Admission is free. 1001 Rose Bowl Dr, Pasadena Nov. 12

Ice at Santa Monica 

Ice at Santa Monica is back this year with an 8,000 square-foot ice rink pop-up at the intersection of Arizona Ave and 5th St in Downtown Santa Monica. Skate rental and admission is $22. The rink is open daily through January 15. 1324 5th St, Santa Monica Nov. 1 – Jan. 15