Three bone-chillingly fun things to do this weekend

From skin-crawling activities to fresh farmers markets, there’s plenty to save you from boredom this weekend.

Descanso Gardens

Descanso Gardens, located just outside of Los Angeles, will have its annual Carved event. Throughout the evening, the garden will be decorated in true Halloween fashion. The spooky pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns all around create an illuminated forest that is more of a treat than a trick for guests. The event will be from 5-10 p.m., and tickets can be bought on the Descanso Gardens’s website for $30. 1418 Descanso Dr, La Cañada Flintridge Oct. 6 – Oct. 29 

Encino Farmers Market

There will be a farmers market in the Sepulveda Basin Recreation Center with local fruits, vegetables, flowers and artisanal cheeses. The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and

entry to the event is free of charge. 17400 Victory Blvd, Van Nuys Oct. 8 

Haunted Hayride 

Located in the heart of Griffith Park, the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride brings the annual spooky event to town with a thrilling ride and character interactions. In addition to the hayride, the event also offers gift shops, ax throwing and a comedic musical performance for lighthearted scares. The event lasts from 7 p.m. to midnight, and tickets can be bought on the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride website for an average of $30. 730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles Oct. 6 – Oct. 31