Boys volleyball secure a win on their senior night

On Monday, April 17, the Wolves volleyball team celebrated their senior night against Canoga Park High School, and ravaged the Hunters with a clean sweep of 3-0.

Highlights | 

• Before senior night started, with the help of the underclassmen and the managers, they were able to beautifully decorate the gym for their seniors and supported them with bright smiles and teary eyes.  
  • To start off the game, the Wolves had great momentum and ended the first set with a score of 25-18.
  • In the second set, the Wolves and the Hunters were head to head, but the Wolves pushed through and won the set with 26-24.
  • To seal off the game, they held their lead and stood strong throughout the whole game, finishing the game off with a score of 25-22.
  • For this game, Devin Brown, #3 and Nieco Erasmo, #13, switched positions for the game and still had an amazing game. Erasmo took the role of a hitter, while Brown became the main setter.
  • Before the game, Brown gave Leo Mokhtari, #28, a small speech, boosting his confidence, and helped him have an outstanding performance.
  • Shawn Mechery, a senior on the JV team got the chance to join varsity because it was senior night, and played an amazing game against the Hunters.

What’s next | After a hard fought win against the Hunters, the Wolves will play their final away game of the regular season against the Sylmar Spartans on Wednesday, April 19, away from their den. Following that game, on Tuesday, April 25, they will play their last match of the season facing off the Panorama Pythons at home.

Team thoughts | “Our game was a really fun game due to everyone in a good mood and playing well. After we seniors graduate, I believe the team will continue to perform amazing because they all have a lot of potential!” said senior, Leo Mokhtari.

Our thoughts | Their senior night was a very fun and entertaining game to watch. It was exciting to see how well the team communicated and how amazing of a job each player did to help their team. From their performance, I could see them making it far into the playoffs, and potentially taking home a championship.

For the books | 

• 6 wins, 4 losses
  • Valley Mission League