Coachella is finally back

This year’s official lineup was posted earlier this week. Fans now know which artists and attendees are ready to hit the road to Coachella Valley this April.
WENDY WEI | PEXELS
Concerts and music festivals have been making a comeback over the past five months across not only the United States, but the world. Considering all attendees are fully vaccinated and boosted, Coachella 2022 sounds like a promising success.

After being postponed more than twice over the past two years, Coachella is finally making a comeback with one of the most exciting lineups so far.

It is set to take place at the Polo Empire Club in Indio, California from April 15-24. Admission tickets are currently available for both weekends. Prices range from $740 for GA and up to $2,000 for VIP passes. 

Coachella is an annual music and arts festival that showcases established and emerging artists. The lineup for the festival is the major attraction of the show itself and we think this year’s is a hit.

Well-known artists including the one and only Harry Styles, Phoebe Bridgers, Big Sean, Carly Rae Jepsen and more are set to hit the stages.

The Angeleno star Billie Eilish will be the main artist for both Saturdays along with Megan Thee Stallion, girl in red, Steve Lacy and many more throughout the day.

For the closing nights of the festival, Kanye West, listed as Ye on the official lineup, will be bringing his moving Sunday Service to the Coachella Valley, accompanied by several other artists like pop R&B artist Doja Cat and Canadian R&B singer Daniel Caesar.

The last festival experience was hosted back in 2019 with over 99,000 people on each day of the festival.

Some argue that this year’s official Coachella lineup isn’t as exciting as the promising lineup from 2020. However, considering the lack of entertainment and concerts from these headliners over the past two years, I believe this might be the highlight of 2022.

YOUTUBE

Coachella has already been postponed three times throughout the covid-19 pandemic. The 2020 festival was first postponed to October 2020, then to April 2021 and it’s now been set to this April.

Coachella doesn’t bring joy only to those who attend, but it also promotes small artists that can easily be discovered. People at home have access to watching a livestream of the many artists playing and I’ll be one of them.

Despite covid cases skyrocketing these past few months, the annual festival is on the road to its opening weekend on Friday, April 15.