J.J Watt signs with the Cardinals

Superstar free agent, J.J. Watt, is headed to Arizona on a 2-year deal.
Sack! Number 99 J.J. Watt celebrates after tackling the opponents quarterback.
GARY HERSHMAN | FLICKR

On Monday, March 1, 2021, free-agent Defensive End J.J Watt agreed to a 2-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL.

Watt finally broke the news about his signing with a post on his personal Instagram page with a photo of himself in a Cardinals shirt with the caption “source: me”; a reference to the many rumors about where Watt would end up singing.

The signing of J.J Watt was very huge and important for the Cardinals franchise. Watt, a 3-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year, is one of the top defensive players in the league. This signing allows the Cardinals to add a player on the defensive side and a star player to the franchise.

Watt has previously played for the Houston Texans over the past seasons. Last month, he was released after spending 10 years with the franchise.

Before signing with the Arizona franchise, many NFL fans have speculated about Watt’s next move after seeing tweets from sports analysts that possibly have secret meanings.

With the star Defensive End now playing in Arizona, it allows him to reunite with a familiar face from past seasons. Watt is now reunited with DeAndre Hopkins, a former Texans Wide-Receiver who played with Watts. Hopkins, however, was traded to the Cardinals in the last year prior to Watt’s arrival in Arizona.

Watt is also paired up with star Quarterback Kyler Murray, who won the 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Last season, the Cardinals were 8-8 and barely missed out of the playoffs.

In the next season, the Cardinals can become one of the top teams in the NFL. The addition of Watt can lead to himself being able to mentor the Cardinals’ defensive lineup due to his experience and his defensive skills. With the Cardinals adding another star, the future looks bright for the franchise as they have a chance to take the league by storm.