Restaurant review: Aesthetics brought down to Urth Caffe

This must-visit cafe greets guests with a delightful combination of appetizing dishes and a welcoming atmosphere
While visiting Urth, my friends and I took photos of our orders to capture the aesthetic, earthy feel of the restaurant. A few menu options featured are the Margherita Pizza, Panini El Diablo, and a refreshing strawberry smoothie. THE MIRROR | LILIT APRAHAMIAN

Known for its appealing aesthetics and appetizing menu, Urth Caffe has become fairly popular since opening over 12 years ago in 2012. A European-style cafe with exquisite desserts, complemented by an aesthetic atmosphere, this restaurant is surely one to visit while cruising L.A.

A picture featured on Instagram under the tag #urth featuring the Urth Acai Bowl. COURTESY | URTH CAFFE

The popularity of this restaurant started to skyrocket after an appearance on Instagram. Posts relating to the restaurant itself started to show up on my own page a few years back during the pandemic. The dining tables and soft yet appealing colors of each dish became the perfect fit for an “aesthetic” post. Urth Caffe even has its own Instagram account, displaying a cohesive, eye-catching color scheme while showcasing a few of its dishes and dining spots in their numerous locations. From breakfast pastries such as Nutella girella buns ($5.25) to their selection of desserts and baked goods, including an appealing selection of cheesecakes and pies, it is simple to find an aesthetic staple.

After aimlessly scrolling through Instagram and finding many of these photos featuring Urth’s menu, I decided to try it out for myself.

A picture featured on Instagram under the tag #urth featuring the Matcha Tiramisu and Famous Pecan Sticky Buns. COURTESY | URTH CAFFE

Urth has multiple locations within L.A., but I chose to go to the one in Pasadena located at 594 E. Colorado Blvd.

The food quality and portions were suitable for the listed prices, with most dishes being between $16-21. Visitors could choose from a variety of places to sit; outside patios, indoors; there was even an upstairs area for dining.

This cafe makes a great place to read and relax or catch up with friends. The staff are very friendly and ensure great customer service. Although I have only visited once. I definitely plan on visiting again.

When visiting Urth cafe for the first time with a few friends, I worried about not being able to find a meal suitable for my picky taste. I was quickly proven wrong after receiving my order. For first-time visitors, here are a few recommendations:

• Margherita Pizza (breakfast pizza): $13.95
  • Grilled cilantro chicken breast with pesto (lunch/dinner): $12.50 (half), full ($16.95)
  • Organic green rose boba (drink): $7.25 (on ice), $8.75 (blended)
  • Matcha tiramisu (dessert): $8.50

Not only did they look highly appetizing, but each item successfully lived up to the cafe’s reputation of aesthetics. Notably, we couldn’t help but take “aesthetic” pictures of our meals ourselves. The friendly atmosphere combined with the great selection of dishes, Urth Caffe is a must for those who want to visit more gems across LA!

My Rating: 10/10