Girls soccer gets torn to shreds by the San Fernando Tigers

The bottom line | The girls soccer team hopped into the cage with the San Fernando Tigers on Thursday, Jan. 17, only to get mauled by them with a score of 2-0.

Samantha Carillo (#11) surveys the field as she inbounds the ball to her teammate. (THE MIRROR | MICHAEL ARREDONDO)

Highlights

• After a Tiger elbowed a fellow Wolf, the girls were granted a free kick. Elisabeth Tafoya (#9) took – and missed – the kick.
  • Shortly after, the Wolves were granted yet another free kick which was also missed by Tafoya. 
  • After a tough, long game, the girls weren’t able to overcome the challenge put up by the Tigers and ended with a score of 2-0 

What’s Next | On Thursday, Jan. 18, the Wolves will face the Canoga Park Hunters followed by a game against the Kennedy Cougars on Wednesday, Jan.24.

Team thoughts | “It sucks losing, it really does,”  Deisi Santos (#1) said. “We’re trying to get better. We practice a lot more and we’re trying not to lose motivation, I see my team members lose motivation. But since it’s my last year, I wanna at least try to win a couple more games.”

Our thoughts | This game must’ve been stressful for the girls, as they were visibly trying not to let each other down with their performances on the field.The girls played hard throughout the whole game. Even though they were not able to catch up, they were able to keep their cool and display perseverance until the end. As they approach their last few games of the season, they’re working harder than ever to make those last games count.

For the books

• 4 wins, 9 losses
  • Valley Mission League