Wolves get swooped off the field by the Chavez Eagles in the first round of playoffs

Football+captains+Abraham+Ceja+and+William+Sizemore+pose+for+a+photo+together+following+their+historic+season.+
THE MIRROR | GIANNA IOVINO
Football captains Abraham Ceja and William Sizemore pose for a photo together following their historic season.

Highlights | 

• Carlos Herrera (#7) ended up with a broken collarbone after an impact with an Eagle during the first quarter.
  • Jeremy Moreno (#24) scored an amazing touchdown during the third quarter.
  • Marlon Figueroa (#11) also managed to land a spectacular touchdown during the third quarter.

What’s Next | After the devastating loss, this game marked the ending of an exceptional season. From this defeat, the team can only find more ways to improve and start preparing for the next season to make it further in the playoffs, maybe even bringing home a championship.

Team thoughts | “As a team this is a whole new step for us, we know we can definitely do better next season,”  outside linebacker William Sizemore said. “We are looking forward to a season filled with more wins, championships and overall improvement.”

Our thoughts | The team played an amazing game against the Chavez Eagles. While the outcome wasn’t desirable, the Wolves still gave it their all. Compared to last season, when they didn’t make the playoffs at all, the Wolves did a fantastic job this time around. With more training and practicing over the off-season, they will begin the next one stronger and better than ever.

For the books | 

• 4 wins, 7 losses
  • Valley Mission League