Five fun things to experience this weekend

Bored in your spare time? Here are five activities you can do to keep yourself entertained.
PEXELS
Harmful stereotypes reinforced by social media and stressors from the pandemic have brought on an increase in anxiety and depression in teenage girls. Unfortunately, many don’t speak out due to a fear of being seen as “too emotional.”

Boredom hits all of us from time to time. According to the Department of Education, in a 2020 report, more than 90 percent of teens across grades eight, ten and twelve reported high levels of boredom. Thankfully, we can save you from such distress with this specially curated list. Enjoy!

Read This: The Summer I Turned Pretty 

The first book of Jenny Han’s trilogy, “The Summer I Turned Pretty” follows Isabel “Belly” Conklin as she frequently travels to her mother’s best friend’s beach house. Every summer, she reunites with her childhood crush Conrad and his brother Jeremiah. One fateful summer, Belly notices that her relationship with the boys, and her own identity, has changed. 

Watch This: Abbott Elementary

Though the teachers at Willard R. Abbott Elementary struggle to work in the underfunded, poorly managed Philadelphia school district, that doesn’t stop them from loving their jobs and students. This mockumentary series follows second-grade teacher Janine Teagues and her co-workers Jacob, Gregory, Barbara and Melissa as they navigate their own lives and help children navigate theirs.

Eat This: Studio Sushi in Studio City

Hidden behind the CBS building and the seasonal farmer’s market area lies a place few people think to visit: Studio Sushi on Radford. With an incredible array of meticulously crafted bundles of Japanese cuisine, this spot is for the gourmet and non-gourmet alike. With fair prices, a packed menu and a calm, easing atmosphere, this stop has some of the best sushi in the valley.

Listen: “XCAPE” EP by Jean Dawson

In a landscape of rapidly deteriorating inspiration, post-modernist pioneer Jean Dawson is keeping rap and alternative music fresh and beyond visionary. His two latest singles “youth+” and “delusional world champion” exemplify Dawson’s rigorous singularity and skill. With no shortage of other great tracks, Dawson is undeniably one of most spectacular and audacious voices in current music.

Play This: Deltarune

In a town full of monsters, players see the game through the eyes of Kris, the only human in all of Hometown. Kris is considered weird by their neighbors and classmates, both because of their species and because they rarely talk to anyone. However, their whole world is turned upside down when they and their bully, Susie, end up in the “Dark World.” The two of them go on an adventure, defeating enemies and sealing the “Dark Fountains” in order to save the world.