Van Nuys Earns Their First Win at Angelou

By Tyree Winborn

Staff Writer

VarsityFootball

Van Nuys 34Angelou 28

Oct. 20@Panorama

Van Nuys vs. Panorama
 JV: 4 p.m. | Varsity: 7 p.m.

SPORTS

October 18, 2017

FOOTBALL: Varsity prevails in a high scoring game; JV shuts down their opponent.

Searching for their first win of the season, Van Nuys traveled to Angelou on Friday, Oct.13.

From the start, the defense prevented Angelou from moving the ball effectively. Disrupting the running and passing lanes, the offense for Angelou was in disarray throughout the night. With the offense clicking, the Wolves mixed up their offensive schemes. The various passing and running plays drawn up, confused Angelou’s defense resulting in a 41-0 win.

The Varsity team found themselves in a high scoring contest, as both teams relentlessly moved the ball. During the second quarter, the Wolves were in a bind as they trailed 28-18. After multiple failed attempts in the third quarter, the Wolves finally converted on a twenty yard pass and a two point conversion. With the score 28-26, tensions are running high as the fourth quarter began. At the six minute mark, Van Nuys executed a run play and another two point conversion to regain the lead. The Wolves would hold on to the lead as the defense closed out the game.

Facebook

Instagram