Van Nuys Gets Shut Out

By Devin Tse

Sports Editor

Sept.28@Sylmar

Van Nuys vs. Sylmar
 JV: 4 p.m. | Varsity: 7 p.m.

SPORTS

Van Nuys Gets Shut Out

January 24, 2017

FOOTBALL: Van Nuys defensive woes continue.

Looking to bounce back this week, Van Nuys squared off against Canoga Park on Friday, Sept.22.

Right from the start, the JV Boys scored off a slant pass to #20 Jimmy Gutierrez as they gained a 6-0 lead. Throughout the second and third quarters, the score remained at a standstill, as solid defense on the 3rd and 4th downs prevented Canoga from scoring. However due to injuries on the defensive unit, the Hunters took advantage of this upset as they rallied for a 21-6 win.

For Varsity, with early passing and a seventy-nine yard rushing touchdown, the Hunters were winning 14-0 in the first quarter. With complete control of the running game, they gained an average of six yards per carry. The wolves pushed on defense but with no avail as they trailed 28-0 by halftime. In the third, the Wolves were thoroughly contained by Canoga’s stingy defense as the passing game was ineffective throughout the game. Multiple overthrown and dropped passes prevented the Wolves from generating any points, as they were kept scoreless for the remainder of the game.

Final Score: 42-0

Facebook

Instagram