Girl’s Volleyball Beats Reseda

by Jason Linares

The Mirror Staff

Captain Lolit Aninas (14) scored with an ace. Arianna Rodriguez (11) scored with a tip and Van Nuys was up by 9-points in the third set.

Oct.3@Home

Van Nuys vs. Canoga Park
 4 p.m.

SPORTS

Lady Wolves Crush Reseda

GIRL’S VOLLEYBALL: Two aces in the final game spell doom for the Regents as Varsity wins 3-1;  JV team sets the pace with 2-1 win

The Girl’s Varsity Volleyball team outspiked the Reseda High School Regents with a score of 2-1, with the Junior Varsity doing the same at home September 26.

In the first set, the Varsity Wolves played stellar offense but their defense was not fully there. Reseda capitalized and took the first set with the score of 25-22.

The Wolves recuperated in the second set and played exceptional offense and defense, taking the second set with the score of 25-16.

Continuing their momentum in the third set, Captain Lolit Aninas (14) scored with an ace. Arianna Rodriguez (11) scored with a tip and Van Nuys was up by 9-points. Toward the end of the third set, Van Nuys had some trouble as Reseda staged a minor comeback, but ended the set victorious with a 25-19 final score.

In the final set, the Lady Wolves began with both a shaky offense and defense, but recovered their momentum after Arianna Rodriguez (16) scored an ace. She followed with an exceptional block, then Alexandra Eleazar (7) scored with an ace.

The winning play was made by Soana Manu (12), ending the final game 25-18, and giving the Lady Wolves’ a 3-1 win.

After getting their first win of the season against Reseda, Both Jv and Varsity hope to keep the momentum going onto the next game against Canoga Park.

Both the Varsity and Junior Varsity teams are 1-3 for the season.