The Dynamic Duo

Swarm into theaters as “Ant-Man and the Wasp” crawls onto the big screen.

Ant Man and the Wasp

Ant Man and the Wasp

MARVEL STUDIOS

MARVEL STUDIOS

Ant Man and the Wasp

By Jessica Eusebio, Entertainment Writer

Real heroes come in all sizes.

As fans are recovering from the emotional turmoil brought by “Avengers: Infinity War,” Marvel Studios unveiled the full-length trailer for “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” an upcoming sci-fi action film that will premiere in theaters on July 6.

Directed by Peyton Reed, who is known for his works on “Bring It On” and “Ant-Man,” the sequel stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne/The Wasp, Michael Douglas as Dr. Hank Pym, Michael Pena as Luis, Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost, Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne and Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster/Goliath.

Set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the film will take place before the events of “Avengers: Infinity War” and will follow the aftermath of “Captain America: Civil War” where Ant-Man teams up with Captain America’s side against the law.

Facing the severe consequences of “Civil War,” Scott Lang tries to balance his fatherly and heroic responsibilities. Suiting up as his superhero alias, Ant-Man, Lang will reassemble with Dr. Hank Pym and Hope Van Dyne — the Wasp — who present him with a mission that dives deeper into the secrets behind their past.

The latest trailer introduces Ghost, the antagonist of the film who has the ability to phase through objects using stolen technology from Dr. Hank Pym. The stolen technology appears to be what Pym used to search for his long-lost wife in the Quantum Realm, an unexplored alternate dimension where time and space are considered irrelevant.

The movie will seem to redeliver the comedic tone that was evident in the preceding film, “Ant-Man.” Luis, one of the hilarious characters of the movie, is expected to bring out the laughter as he embarks on another adventure with Scott and Hope.

The trailer also displays more action-packed previews, including characters shrinking down into the size of insects and expanding up to 65 feet tall while throwing punches and flipping cars.

Unlike “Ant-Man,” where Scott was the only man capable of battling the villainous Yellowjacket, the sequel features both Ant-Man and the Wasp battling Ghost alongside with each other.

After being seen nowhere in “Avengers: Infinity War,” fans will finally get to see the hidden truth behind the absence of both characters in “Ant-Man and the Wasp.”

About the Writer
Jessica Eusebio, Staff Writer

An entertainment writer for The Mirror and vnhsmirror.com, this is Jessica’s first year on the journalism team at Van Nuys High School. She is currently...