Chilling Silence

ENTERTAINMENT

Chilling Silence

MOVIES: A taciturn family of four forced to live in silence in danger of their lives.

Kaitlyn Jung | Entertainment Editor
April 5, 2018

If they hear you, they hunt you.

“A Quiet Place” is a drama/thriller film that will premiere in theaters on Apr. 6.

Directed by John Krasinski, who is known for his role in the hit comedy, “The Office,” the movie stars himself as Lee, Emily Blunt as Evelyn, Noah Jupe as Marcus, and Millicent Simmonds as Regan and Cade Woodward as Beau.

After an alien invasion that leaves the world with only a few survivors, a family of four attempts to survive on the run from blind predatory creatures who have a strong sense of hearing. Living in their New York farm upstate, the family solely depends on sign language, a skill that the family learned before for the sake of their deaf daughter, Regan. They also utilize a unique light system and sand to reduce the sounds of their footsteps.

The highly-anticipated film received a 100% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, making audiences even more excited for the intense horror flick.

Kaitlyn Jung is a writer for the entertainment section for The Mirror. This is her first year in the publication and is planning to stay until for 3 more years for the publication.

Kaitlyn Jung is currently on the swim and waterpolo team, but is also planning to try other sports during her 4 years in high school. She is in a 15 – week police program for cadets and offering many activities along with volunteer hours. Her articles usually consist of school plays and performances that are featured on the The Mirror website, but sometimes covers well-liked tv shows or movies.

FacebookInstagramTwitter