The Merc With The Mouth Returns

ENTERTAINMENT

The Merc With The Mouth Returns

MOVIES: ”Deadpool 2” returns with another nontraditional superhero story.

Jessica Eusebio & Lucas Shim | Entertainment Department
March 22, 2018

He fights dirty.

“Deadpool 2” is a Fox Studios action-packed sci-fi film that will premiere in theaters on May 18.

Wade Wilson returns as the foul mouthed mercenary, Deadpool, embarking on a journey battling ninjas, the Yakuza and a pack of canines as he protects a mutant kid from Cable, a time-traveling cyborg from an apocalyptic future.

Directed by David Leitch, who is known for his works on “Atomic Blonde” and “John Wick,” the super hero film stars Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool, Josh Brolin as Nathan Summers/Cable, Zazie Beetz as Domino, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Morena Baccarin as Vanessa, T.J. Miller as Weasel and Stefan Kapicic as Colossus.

The trailer introduces the X-Force, a strike team of mutants that Wilson organizes in order to prevent Cable’s schemes. With the help of Domino, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and three other unknown members, Deadpool attempts to take the moral path and save the kid.

The X-Force is a mutant-strike team in the Marvel comic books that deals against threats to the mutant-kind. The original team consists of Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Warpath, Boom Boom, Feral and Shatterstar.

Josh Brolin will also appear as the Mad Titan, Thanos, in the highly-anticipated film, “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Jessica Eusebio is an entertainment writer for The Mirror. She joined during her junior year and is currently a junior now. This is her first year working for the publication.

Her articles are typically about movies and television shows. She enjoys watching a lot of movies, specifically Disney/Pixar and Marvel movies. She favors watching psychological based television shows. She also enjoys watching paint dry on her spare time.

Lucas Shim is currently the Entertainment Editor for The Mirror. He joined during his sophomore year and is now in his second year publication as a junior.

Other than contributing to journalism, his hobbies include binge-watching movies and TV shows, brainstorming story ideas and writing screenplays for his future career as a screenwriter. He is also a volunteer at Pet Orphans of Southern California, where he socializes and walks dogs. When it comes to politics, Lucas chooses to remain open-minded regarding political parties and their ongoing governmental debates.

FacebookInstagramTwitter